Louisiana Real Estate Commission
For 2023, LREC has mandated that ALL licensees complete the four-hour 2023 LREC Mandatory.
There is an additional mandatory for broker and associate broker licensees. Broker and associate broker licensees must complete the four-hour 2023 LREC Broker Mandatory Course, in addition to the 2023 LREC Mandatory.
The mandatory topic course(s) may be completed live or online.
If you are a new licensee, please be advised that the mandatory topic course is not part of your 45-hour post-license curriculum; you must complete the mandatory topic course in addition to your post-licensing courses.
Twelve hours of continuing education are required by December 31, 2023, and must include the mandatory topic course. For more information on required courses, please visit the LREC Post-Licensing Requirements and the LREC Continuing Education Requirements pages.
(NOTE: The LREC does not allow licensees to receive credit for attending the same continuing education course from the same vendor in the same year.)
National Association of REALTORS®
NAR does not require any specific continuing education courses.
However, NAR does require 2.5 hours of Code of Ethics training during every three-year cycle.
(Cycle VII: January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2024) You must complete Code of Ethics training during this time frame, regardless of when you last completed it.
How to Complete the Training:
- You may take it for CE with NOMAR
- You may take it for CE with a different provider (send certificate to NOMAR upon completion); OR
- You may take it for free on NAR's website (Not for CE)
The LREC strongly recommends that you keep your CE certificates for three (3) years in a file that is readily accessible. There is no need to send the LREC copies of your certificates, as they receive class attendance reports directly from CE providers. NOMAR does not track your CE, so there is no need to send NOMAR your certificates. The LREC is the entity that requires twelve (12) hours of CE each year.
NAR requires Code of Ethics Training once per cycle, and they require you to prove successful completion to your local association (NOMAR). NAR requires NOMAR to keep a record of your completion of this course. When you complete your ethics training from a vendor other than NOMAR, you must provide NOMAR a copy of your certificate or other documentation issued by the provider.
NAR Requires Code of Ethics Training Cycle VII
All NAR members must complete at least 2.5 hours of Code of Ethics training (not necessarily CE) during Cycle VII between January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2024. You must complete Code of Ethics training during this time frame, regardless of when you last completed it.**
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS CLASS during Cycle VII with a provider other than NOMAR: email certificate or proof of attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (504) 888-1812.
IF YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN IT yet during Cycle VII:
- Live Class at NOMAR for CE credit: Check our calendar to find an offering and register.
- Live Class for CE Credit from Other Providers: Bayou Title, Title Stream, and Crescent Title offer live courses for CE. Be sure to send NOMAR a copy of your completion certificate.
- Online Class for CE Credit for the NOMAR Online CE Shop NOMAR Online CE Shop
- Online Class for CE Credit from Other Providers: Choose an LREC-approved online course provider who offers REALTOR® Code of Ethics. Be sure to send NOMAR a copy of your completion certificate.
- Online Class, No CE Credit, Free: Complete the training offered by NAR here. Choose Course for Existing Members (Free), as this course is not approved in Louisiana for CE credit.
Remember, you do not have to complete Code of Ethics as part of your CE!
CE hours are a matter of licensure and therefore under the purview of LREC. Code of Ethics training is a requirement of your membership in the National Association of REALTORS®.
NOMAR Member – Appraiser License Only.
May submit proof of completion of USPAP between January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2024, for ethics training fulfillment. If you hold both an appraiser license and a real estate license, USPAP certificates are not accepted as ethics training fulfillment. Please be advised that NOMAR ethics CE courses are not approved for appraiser CE with the LREAB.