Participate in The 2020 Census
The 2020 Census is happening now! You can complete your questionnaire online, by phone, or by mail.
Why is my participation important?
- It influences the number of congressional seats for Louisiana.
- It determines how dollars are being allocated for schools and hospitals in Louisiana.
- It would give accurate economic data for businesses, researchers, and policy makers in making decisions.
- It helps with the planning of public health programs in Louisiana.
- Each person who goes uncounted costs Louisiana $2,291.
Results are especially important for REALTORS® too, helping NAR’s Research Team provide troves of data to members. Click here to learn more about what Census housing data is used for.
How To Respond
Most households received their invitation to respond to the 2020 Census between March 12 – 20. These official Census Bureau mailings will include detailed information and a Census ID for completing the Census online.
In addition to an invitation to respond, some households will receive a paper questionnaire (sometimes known as the census form). You do not need to wait for your paper questionnaire to respond to the Census. Please complete your census form online, by phone, or by mail when your invitation to respond arrives.
The 2020 Census will ask a few simple questions about you and everyone who is or will be living with you on April 1, 2020.
You can choose to complete the census online, by phone, or by mail. Find out more about each of these methods below:
If you do not receive an invitation to respond from the Census Bureau, you may respond online or visit the 2020census.gov Contact Us page.
Encourage Friends, Family, Colleagues & Clients to Participate!
Please encourage everyone to participate in the 2020 Census! Below are some Census talking points and a graphic to use on social media!