To submit questions to the Board of Directors clickASK THE BOARD
(If unable to click on link, point your mouse to the link and press control then clink)


NOMAR & MARPAC Monster Bash Bowling Event - Friday, June 13th  Register Now!!! Limited Lanes Available
Join Us Friday, June 13th for a monster bash at Rock'n Bowl.  Dress as your scariest movie monster or TV monster.  Registration includes fountain drinks, draft beer, wine and assorted finger food and door prizes.  Team of 6:  only $180.00  Individual registration:  NOMAR members $30.00 & non-members $40.  Also there will be MARPAC parade of prizes and raffle, best team costume, best indivdual costume and best original costume will win $$$ cash prizes.

Printable Registration Form

MARPAC Raffle - Buy Your Tickets Today!
The Metropolitan Association of REALTORS® Political Action Committee (MARPAC) is having a raffle!  Buy your tickets today for a change at a $500 Amazon Gift Card, 2014-2015 GSREIN Dues or Full Registration for NAR Annual Conference in New Orleans in November!  Tickets are 3 for $35 or 10 for $100 and can be purchased at NOMAR or through any MARPAC Trustee.

Most recently, your MARPAC contributions have helped to resolve major issues with flood insurance and the Biggert Waters Act through the recently passed Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act, preserve the Mortgage Interest Deduction, fight transfer taxes and reduce property taxes in Louisiana, prevent sales tax on commissions, and protect private property rights.

"If Real Estate is your profession, then politics is your business."

If you have questions on MARPAC or the raffle, contact NOMAR Government Affiairs staff Kelli Walker, Melissa O'Donnell or Tranell Barton at (504) 885-3200.

Disclaimer:  Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.  If in doubt, please consult your tax advisor.  Contributions to MARPAC are voluntary and used for political purposes.  The indicated amount is only a suggestion and you may give more or less or refuse to contribute without affecting your membership rights.  Up to 70% of each contribution is used by the Louisiana REALTORS® Association PAC to support state and local candidates.  At least 30% of each contribution is sent to the National RPAC.  Of that amount, 90% is used by National PAC to support Federal candidates and is charged against your limit under 2 U.S.441a, while the remaining 10% is used for other Federal Grassroots political activities.

Jefferson Parish Public Schools Improve D -2011 to B -2013!
As one of the states' largest school districts, Jefferson Parish Public Schools play a critical role in the region's economy, culture, and attractiveness to new and existing residents.  Recent statistics indicate that schools and students in Jefferson Parish are unequivocally higher-performing than they were three years ago, and the district's progress is outpacing statewide gains.

Read the Article


NOMAR's 2015 REALTOR® Appreciation Day is Monday, March 16th
at the New Orleans Hilton Riverside.  Please mark your calendars and hold the date!!!


2015 Mandatory CE Topic Suggestions
Our three LREC Commissioners attended the February Education Committee meeting and the annual mandatory course was discussed. The Commissioners want to know what you think the 2015 Mandatory Course should be.  Please send your suggestions to Lynda Nugent Smith at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

NOMAR Board Store
We have many REALTOR® items that may help you in getting that listing sold.  Drop by our Metairie or Mandeville office to check out what is new!!!

Condolences ...
... Patrice M. Milton of GARDNER, REALTORS® whose mother-in-law Lillian Elizabeth Joseph Poree' passed away May 10th.  Please keep Patrice and her family in your prayers.