Updated 9/7/2021 4:36 PM
DISASTER ASSISTANCE & DISTRIBUTION SITES
- In need of short- or long-term housing in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida? NOMAR members can help. Click here for a message from our President, Anne Comarda.
- Available Rental Housing Units
- Meals, supplies and gift cards to be distributed on Thursday, September 9 at the NOMAR/GSREIN Northshore office from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Map here.
- Meals, supplies and gift cards to be distributed on Wednesday, September 8 at the Latter & Blum office in LaPlace from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.. Map here.
- NOMAR/GSREIN Mandeville Office Open Sunday, September 5 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to cool off and charge up! Click here for directions.
- Hot meals and hurricane relief supplies to be distributed at NOMAR Metairie office on Wednesday, September 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Sign up for text alerts from NOMAR by texting NOMAR to (866) 952-2960. You can also sign up here.
- Help us compile a list of available rental housing
- NOMAR Member Needs Assessment
- REALTOR® Relief Fund Application
- FEMA Application
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loan Application
- DSNAP Registration
- Red Cross Shelters
- Assistance from State & Local Agencies
REAL ESTATE RESOURCES
LOCAL UTILITY UPDATES
- Entergy Status Map
- Atmos Energy
- Cleco Storm Center
- Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans
- Cox Communications
LOCAL & STATE GOVERNMENT UPDATES
- DOTD Road Closure Updates
- City of New Orleans
- Jefferson Parish
- Plaquemines Parish
- St. Bernard Parish
- St. Charles Parish
- St. James Parish
- St. John the Baptist Parish
- St. Tammany Parish
- Tangipahoa Parish
- Washington Parish
- Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
SCHOOL CLOSURE UPDATES
- Archdiocese of New Orleans: Closed to both in-person and virtual learning through at least Monday, September 6
- Jefferson Parish: Closed until further notice
- Orleans Parish: Closed until further notice
- Plaquemines Parish: Closed until further notice
- St. Bernard Parish: Closed until further notice
- St. Charles Parish: Closed until further notice
- St. James Parish: Closed through Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- St. John Parish: Closed on Tuesday, 8-31-21, and Wednesday, 9-1-21
- St. Tammany Parish: Closed until further notice
- Tangipahoa Parish: Closed on Monday, August 30, 2021, and Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Washington Parish: Closed on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
SUPPLIES AVAILABLE BY PARISH (Source WWL)
- Jefferson Parish has water, ice, tarps, and MRE’s available now at:
- Alario Center (2000 Segnette Blvd)
- Shrine on Airline (6000 Airline Dr)
- POD sites are open from 8am-6pm at these locations
- Thibodaux Family Church (785 North Canal Blvd, Thibodaux)
- Raceland Ag Center (100 Texas St, Raceland)
- Lockport Central Station (806 Crescent Ave, Lockport)
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church (723 North Bayou Dr, Golden Meadow)
The City of New Orleans will have a number of Cooling Centers open starting today and running through Friday from 8am-6pm each day. These Cooling Centers will have charging stations, water, and air-conditioning available to residents of the city. Pets are welcome.
- Treme Rec Center (900 N Villere St)
- Cut Off Rec Center (6600 Belgrade St)
- Gernon Brown Rec Center (1001 Harrison Ave)
- Milne Rec Center (5420 Franklin Ave)
- Stallings St. Claude Rec Center (4300 St Claude)
- John P Lyons Rec Center (624 Louisiana Ave)
- Joe W Brown Rec Center (5601 Read Blvd)
- Rosenwald Rec Center (1120 S Broad Ave)
Here are the sites and hours for meal distribution:
- Arthur Monday Center (1111 Newton St) – 1-4pm
- Roch Park (1800 St. Roch Ave) – 1-3pm
- Harmony Oaks (2514 Washington Ave) – 1:30-3:30pm
- Rosenwald Rec Center (1120 S. Broad Ave) – 4-6pm
- Gernon Brown Rec Center (1001 Harrison Ave) – 4-6pm
- Treme Rec Center (900 N. Villere St) – 4-6pm
- Cut Off Rec Center (6600 Belgrade St) – 4-6pm
- Lyons Rec Center (624 Louisiana Ave) – 4-6pm
- Stallings St. Claude Rec Center (4300 St. Claude) – 4-6pm
- Joe W. Brown Rec Center (5601 Read Blvd) – 4-6pm
- Milne Rec Center (5420 Franklin Ave) – 4-6pm
- Inspire McDonogh 35 (4000 Cadillac St) – 5-7pm
New Orleans residents will also have two drive-thru supply distribution sites available today from 8am-6pm.
- Joe W. Brown Rec Center (5475 Read Blvd)
- Mahalia Jackson Auditorium (1419 Basin St)
St. Charles has not established any POD sites at this time. They tweeted a statement yesterday.
St. John The Baptist
Drive-thru distribution sites with tarps, water, and MRE’s will be open from noon-5pm at two sites:
- Wallace Fire Station (5733 Hwy 18, Vacherie)
- Regala Gym (200 Regala Park Rd, Reserve)
St. Tammany will not have any POD sites open today. They posted a statement on their Facebook page:
- PODS are not open at this time. We are expecting to have them open tomorrow by the National Guard at a location in eastern and western St. Tammany.
- St. Tammany Parish submitted a request for the PODS on Monday. However, so did much of Southeast Louisiana. Please be patient, stay tuned for updates.
HEALTH CARE SYSTEM STATUS
- Ochsner Health – Ochsner Health continues to care at its open hospitals and is reopening its clinics and outpatient facilities across the affected region. All of the system's Emergency Departments are open. For the current status of Ochsner facilities, visit https://www.ochsner.org/status. Ochsner Health is offering free urgent care and behavioral health telemedicine visits via Ochsner Anywhere Care to Louisiana and Mississippi residents who have been displaced due to Hurricane Ida through Monday, September 6. Use the code "IDA."
- LCMC Health – Outpatient and non-essential services will be closed until later this week. Reopening will be dependent upon power restoration, access to water and infrastructure. For health-related questions or help finding care, patients are asked to call the Nurse Hotline at 504-386-3174. To learn more and to view hospital-specific openings, click here.
- Tulane Health – The emergency rooms at the downtown Tulane Medical Center and Lakeview Regional Medical Center in Covington remain open. Tulane Lakeside Hospital and its Emergency Room are temporarily closed. For the latest updates, click here.
- LSU Health – LSU Health remains closed until further notice. To read the latest reopening plans, click here.
- North Oaks Health System – North Oaks Medical Center Emergency Department remains open, and North Oaks Urgent Care Clinic in Hammond reopened today. North Oaks Physician Group will open a walk-in multispecialty clinic for primary, orthopedic and cardiology care Thursday, September 2, and Friday, September 3. To view the latest openings, click here.
- Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System – The New Orleans Veterans Medical Center is open for emergency and inpatient care only. Southeast Louisiana Veterans and family members with questions about care should contact VA at 1-800-935-8387. To view the latest updates, click here.
- Text Updates from NOLA.com: Text IDA to (504) 688-4438
- State website with updates: https://hurricanerecovery.la.gov/
- NOLA.com for Weak Connections
- GNO Inc Storm Updates
- Operation Blue Roof or call 1-888-766-3258.
- Fallen Tree advice from Crescent Title: My neighbor’s tree fell on my property. Now what?
- Contractors Advice from HBAGNO: As Greater New Orleans begins the recovery after the devastating effects of Hurricane Ida, local home builders are warning residents to be aware of scammers that may pose as legitimate contractors. The Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans (HBAGNO) encourages all residents to research contractors to avoid paying for substandard home repairs. The HBAGNO recommends that homeowners research potential contractors:
- Find out if the firm has a permanent business address and a good reputation.
- Verify contractor’s license with the Louisiana State Contractor’s Office at: https://lslbc.louisiana.gov/contractor-search/.
- Insist on a complete and clearly written contract.
- DO ask for references and DO NOT pay cash upfront.
- Visit https://www.hbagno.org for a list of reliable “local” contractors in our membership directory.