Updated 9/26/2021 3:30 PM
DISASTER ASSISTANCE & DISTRIBUTION SITES
- In need of short- or long-term housing in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida? NOMAR members can help. Click here for a message from our President, Anne Comarda.
- Sign up for text alerts from NOMAR by texting NOMAR to (866) 952-2960. You can also sign up here
- REALTOR® Relief Fund Application
- Hurricane Ida Insurance Deductible Program
- FEMA Application
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loan Application
- DSNAP Registration
- Red Cross Shelters
- Assistance from State & Local Agencies
REAL ESTATE RESOURCES
LOCAL UTILITY UPDATES
- Entergy Status Map
- Atmos Energy
- Cleco Storm Center
- Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans
- Cox Communications
LOCAL & STATE GOVERNMENT UPDATES
- DOTD Road Closure Updates
- City of New Orleans
- Jefferson Parish
- Plaquemines Parish
- St. Bernard Parish
- St. Charles Parish
- St. James Parish
- St. John the Baptist Parish
- St. Tammany Parish
- Tangipahoa Parish
- Washington Parish
- Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Text Updates from NOLA.com: Text IDA to (504) 688-4438
- State website with updates: https://hurricanerecovery.la.gov/
- NOLA.com for Weak Connections
- GNO Inc Storm Updates
- Operation Blue Roof or call 1-888-766-3258.
- Fallen Tree advice from Crescent Title: My neighbor’s tree fell on my property. Now what?
- Contractors Advice from HBAGNO: As Greater New Orleans begins the recovery after the devastating effects of Hurricane Ida, local home builders are warning residents to be aware of scammers that may pose as legitimate contractors. The Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans (HBAGNO) encourages all residents to research contractors to avoid paying for substandard home repairs. The HBAGNO recommends that homeowners research potential contractors:
- Find out if the firm has a permanent business address and a good reputation.
- Verify contractor’s license with the Louisiana State Contractor’s Office at: https://lslbc.louisiana.gov/contractor-search/.
- Insist on a complete and clearly written contract.
- DO ask for references and DO NOT pay cash upfront.
- Visit https://www.hbagno.org for a list of reliable “local” contractors in our membership directory.